SSC Stenographer Selection Procedure
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) Stenographers (Grade C and D) Exam will consist of Written Examination and Skill Test in Stenography. Selection process details are given below in this page.
SSC Stenographer Selection: The examination will consist of a Skill Test and Written Examination in stenography.
1. Written Examination: The written exam will consist of Objective Type (Multiple choice questions) only. The questions except in Part 3 will be set both in Hindi and English. Time duration for general candidates will be 2 Hrs and 2 Hrs 40 minutes for Visually Handicapped candidates. There will be negative marking of .25 marks for each and every wrong answer. Candidates and Aspirants who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Exam as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test.
2. Skill Test in Stenography: Candidates and Aspirants will be shortlisted for the skill test on the basis of their performance in the Written Exam. The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission has the power to fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for candidates in different categories. The Skill Test will be held at the Commission‘s Regional / Sub Regional Office’s or at other Centers as may be decided by the Commission. There is no exemption from skill test for any category of aspirants and Candidates. Candidates who qualified in the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Written Exam.
Resolution of Tie Cases: In case where more than one aspirant or candidate secure the equal aggregates marks, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods or ideas one after another:-
- Marks in first part of the written exam.
- DOB (Date of Birth), with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in the first names of the candidates appear.
- Click here for SSC Stenographer Exam Eligibility Details
- Click here for SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus
- Click here for SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
For latest Engineering Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Banks Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Railway Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Competitions :- Click Here
For Latest Government Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Defence Jobs :- Click Here