SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) Stenographers (Grade C and D) Exam Pattern and Scheme of exam are given below in this page.
Scheme of Examination: The Exam consists of a Written examination and Skill Test in Stenography.
1. Written Examination: Written examination will consists of Objective Type (Multiple choice) questions only. The questions except in Part III will be set both in Hindi and English.
Details of Examination are given below in Table:
| |Total Duration / Timing for General Candidates | |Total Duration / Timing for Visually Handicapped Candidates
General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 Questions)
| || || || |
General Awareness (50 Questions)
| || |
English Language and Comprehension (100 Questions)
| || |
Note-I: There will be negative marking of .25 marks for each and every wrong answer. Candidates are advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
2. Skill Test in Stenography: Those aspirants who qualify in the written exam will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in Hindi / English at the speed of 100 w.p.m. (Words per Minute) for the post of Stenographer Grade -C‘ and 80 w.p.m.(Words Per Minute) for the post of Stenographer Grade -D‘. The matter have to be transcribed on computer only.
The transcription time is as follows:-
- For Stenographer Grade -C: 40 Minutes (English); 55 Minutes (Hindi)
- For Stenographer Grade-D : 50 Minutes (English); 65 minutes (Hindi)
- If the candidates or aspirants do not indicate the medium of Stenography Test in Column Number 14 of the Application Form, the Commission will consider English as the medium of Stenography Test for such candidates and the candidates will not be allowed to change the medium at a subsequent stage.
- There is no exemption from skill test for any category of candidates.
For latest Engineering Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Banks Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Railway Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Competitions :- Click Here
For Latest Government Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Defence Jobs :- Click Here