SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus Details
SSC (Staff Selection Commission’s) conducted CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) (10+2) Examination for the posts of LDC (Lower Divisional Clerk) / JSA (Junior Secretariat Assistant), PA (Postal Assistant) / SA (Sorting Assistant) and DEO (Data Entry Operator). Exam Syllabus details are given below in this Page.
CBT (Computer Based Test / Examination) (Tier-I):
I. General Intelligence: It would include questions of both type verbal and non-verbal. The examination will include the questions on Symbolic operations, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic / Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Trends, Semantic Classification, Space Orientation, Symbolic / Number Classification, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole / pattern-folding and unfolding, Figural Classification, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Embedded figures, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, Social Intelligence, if any Numerical operations.
II. English Language: Spot the Error, Synonyms / Homonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Spellings / Detecting Mis-spelt words, Improvement of Sentences, One word substitution, Active / Passive Voice of Verbs, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
III. Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Systems: Decimal and Fractions, Computation of Whole Number, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations: Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages, Square roots, Interest (Simple & Compound), Discount, Profit and Loss, Partnership Business, Time and distance, Mixture and Allegation, Time and work.
- ALGEBRA: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- GEOMETRY: Familiarity with elementary geometric facts and figures: Triangle and its various kinds of centre’s, Circle and its chords, Congruence and similarity of triangles, angles subtended by chords of a circle, tangents, common tangents to two or more circles.
- MENSURATION: Triangle, Circle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Right Prism, Right Circular Cylinder, Right Circular Cone, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Sphere, Hemispheres, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- TRIGONOMETRY: Trigonometry, Complementary angles, Trigonometric ratios, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.
- STATISTICAL CHARTS: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Bar-diagram, Frequency polygon, Pie-chart
- GENERAL AWARENESS: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s / aspirasnts general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test or examine knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation & experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Culture, History, Economic Scene, Geography, General policy and scientific research.
Note-1: For VH candidates of 40% (40 Percent) and above visual disability and opting or Selecting for SCRIBES there will be no component of Graphs / Maps / Diagrams / Statistical Data in the General Intelligence and Quantitative Aptitude.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper):
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in Pen & Paper Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper would be for 1 hour (20 minutes compensatory time also be provided to the candidates / aspirants eligible for scribes as per Paras8.1 and 8.2 above). The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Application / Letter of approx. 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33% (33 percent).
- The performance in Tier II Exam would be included for preparing merit.
- The paper will have to be written either in English or in Hindi. Part paper written in English and Part in Hindi will be awarded zero marks
- Candidate must write his / her correct Roll No. and affix sign and Left hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Question Paper cum Answer Book failing which zero marks will be awarded
- Candidates are advised not to write any personal identity example name, Roll No., Mobile No., Address, etc inside the Answer Book. The candidates / Aspirants who fail to adhere to these instructions will be awarded with zero marks.
Tier-III (Skill / Typing Test):
- Skill / Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers that are provided by the Commission or any agency that is authorized by commission.
- Skill / Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill / Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Skill / Typing Test will be conducted as per the following scheme.
Skill Test for DEO (Data Entry Operator):
- Skill Test is mandatory for DEO (Data Entry Operators). No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
- ‘Data Entry Speed’ of 8000 Key Depressions per hour on Computer. The Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on computer will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words / key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the Test will be of 15 mins and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- For the post of DEO (Data Entry Operator) in the Office of the C&AGI (Comptroller and Auditor General of India): The speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer will be judged on the basis of the correct entry of words / key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the Test / Examination will be of 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- Candidates eligible for scribe as per paras8.1 and 8.2 will be given compensatory time of Five minutes. Therefore duration of Skill Test for such candidates will be 20 mins.
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and PA (Postal Assistant) / SA (Sorting Assistant):
- The medium of Typing Test will be English and Hindi. The candidates will have to select for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either in English or Hindi) in the online Application Form.
- The choice of Typing Test given by the candidate / Aspirants in the online Application Form shall be treated as final and no change in the medium of Typing Test will be entertained later.
- Candidates opting/Selecting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 W.P.M. (words per minute) and those Selecting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 W.P.M. (words per minute). 35 w.p.m. & 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
- The speed will be judged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 mins.
- Candidates eligible for scribe as per paras8.1 and 8.2 will be given compensatory time of (5 min) 5 minutes. Therefore duration of Typing Test for such candidates will be 15 min.
- Passage Dictators will be provided to those VH candidates / Aspirants for the Typing test who have opted / Selected for Scribe in the online Application Form. The Passage Dictator will read out the passage to VH candidate within the allotted time period.
- Persons with Disabilities who claim to be permanently unfit to take the Typing Test because of a physical disability may, with the prior approval of the Commission, be exempted from the requirement of appearing & qualifying at such test, provided such a candidate submits a Certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure-XIII) to the Commission from the competent Medical Authority, it means., the Civil Surgeon of a Government Health Care Institution declaring him / her to be permanently unfit for the Typing Test because of a physical disability. In addition, such candidates must substantiate their claim by furnishing the relevant Medical Certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure-VIII) to (Annexure-X) of the Notice of Examination, as applicable, at the time of Typing Test. Otherwise their claim for seeking exemption from Typing Test will not be entertained by the Commission.
Note:- For any Query please go to SSC Official Website.
- Click here for SSC CHSL Exam Eligibility Details
- Click here for SSC CHSL Exam Selection Process
- Click here for SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
For latest Engineering Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Banks Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Railway Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Competitions :- Click Here
For Latest Government Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Defence Jobs :- Click Here
For Latest Exams Results – Click Here